A Business Guide To Dead Horses
Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover
you are riding a dead horse, the
best strategy is to dismount. However, in business we often try other strategies
with dead horses, including the following:
1. Buy a stronger whip.
2. Change riders.
3. Saying "This is the way we always have ridden this horse."
4. Appoint a committee to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
6. Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.
7. Appointing a tiger team to revive the dead horse.
8. Creating a training session to increase our riding ability.
9. Comparing the state of dead horses in today's environment.
10. Change the requirements declaring that "This horse is not dead."
11. Hire contractors to ride the dead horse.
12. Harnessing several dead horses together for increased speed.
13. Declaring that "No horse is too dead to beat."
14. Provide additional funding to increase the horse's performance.
15. Do a CA Study to see if contractors can ride it cheaper.
16. Purchase a product to make dead horses run faster.
17. Declare the horse is "better, faster and cheaper" dead.
18. Form a quality circle to find uses for dead horses.
19. Revisit the performance requirements for horses.
20. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.